The Poster Presentations will be in electronic format in horizontal orientation and will be displayed on a 55” HD monitor.
The purposes of the Poster Presentations are to promote the research of prosthodontics and engage residents and predoctoral dental students. The e-poster can be a presentation of research results, clinical outcomes, laboratory techniques, or topics of general interest to the American College of Prosthodontists' members and guests. It is intended to highlight the scholarly activity of the residents and dental students. Commercial presentations are not appropriate for this session.
- Resident applicants must be currently enrolled in a 3-4-year advanced training program in prosthodontics which is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association. Additionally, graduates who completed an ADA-accredited prosthodontics residency program within 6 months prior to the Annual Session are also encouraged to participate. Dental student applicants must be currently enrolled in a DDS/DMD dental program in North America that is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.
Applicants must be a Resident Member or Predoctoral Alliance Affiliate of the ACP. If you are eligible for membership, you must submit your membership application to the ACP Central Office prior to submitting your application for review. DDS/DMD students must join as a Predoctoral Alliance Affiliate and residents must join as a Resident Member. See the following link for additional information: https://www.prosthodontics.org/membership/membership-categories/
- Abstract authors are required to complete a Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosure Form. If any author fails to complete a disclosure form they will be disqualified. Disclosure form: https://form.jotform.com/90945249215158
- The presenter is required to register for the meeting prior to being accepted and before the Sept. 6 deadline. No applicants will be accepted until they have registered for the meeting.
- The presenter must be present at their poster monitor during their scheduled time to present their Poster Presentation and to answer questions. Presenters must arrive at their assigned station at least ten minutes prior to their designated time slot. No schedule changes will be allowed. In the event you miss your scheduled time slot, you will not be permitted to present.
- Commercial presentations will not be considered. Posters must avoid commercialism, promotion, or advertisement. Posters that are deemed to be commercial, promotional, or an advertisement will not be accepted and will be removed from the competition.
1. Abstract Submission
a. Please use the online ePosters system to submit an abstract that is 250 words or less.
b. Abstracts are due no later than Sept. 6, 2019. Abstracts received after this deadline will not be eligible.
c. Changes in your abstract are acceptable until the deadline.
a. In late September, accepted abstract submissions will receive a confirmation and notice to submit electronic poster in PDF format. Applicants should expect further details about the creation and submission of their electronic poster via email.
b. Abstract submissions that are not accepted will receive email notification.
3. Poster Submission
a. Accepted poster presentations should be submitted electronically in PDF format to the online ePoster submission application. Layout must be in landscape format with dimensions of 140 cm (55 in) width x 73 cm (28.5 in) height. You can use PowerPoint or any other software you wish to use to set up the layout of your poster.
b. Electronic poster submissions will require a $50 submission fee and must be submitted by Oct. 7, 2019. No late submissions will be accepted. If you fail to submit your electronic poster, you will not be scheduled a presentation time.
c. Poster presentations will be displayed on a 55” HD monitor.
d. Graphic material, tables, and illustrations should be as simple as possible. Numbers or arrows to indicate the viewing sequence are of great assistance to viewers. The faces of subjects should be blacked out for privacy.
e. The text should be consistent with the Glossary of Prosthodontic Terms, 9th Edition.
4. On-site Presentation
a. Participants will be assigned a 15-minute time slot prior to the meeting. Presenters must arrive at their assigned station at least ten minutes prior to their designated time slot. No schedule changes will be allowed. In the event you miss your scheduled time slot, you will not be permitted to present.
b. The assigned presentation time slot will be scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 31 or Friday, Nov. 1.
c. Presentations must be limited to ten minutes and begin at the start of your assigned time slot. The five minute question-and-answer period with a judge will follow.
5. Other Information
a. All accepted posters will be presented in an electronic format in the ePoster Gallery, which will be available online and at any monitor. All accepted posters will also be available via the ACP website post-meeting.
b. Presenters’ email addresses will be available for ACP members to contact in order for them to ask further questions or ask for another presentation at an available monitor. Please check your email throughout the meeting so you have the opportunity to engage with members who are interested in your presentation.
All participants are encouraged to attend the Resident & New Prosthodontist Reception held on Friday, Nov. 1. During this reception, the winners will be announced and receive their awards.
Resident Original Research Competition:
• 1st Place: $750
• 2nd Place: $500
• 3rd Place: $250
Resident Case Presentation Competition:
• 1st Place: $750
• 2nd Place: $500
• 3rd Place: $250
Dental Student Competition:
• 1st Place: $500
• 2nd Place: $350
• 3rd Place: $200
Please Note: You will receive an email confirmation from ePosters System automatically. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact email@example.com. Receipt of the application does not guarantee it will be accepted. Acceptance emails will be sent in late September. The ACP will not accept late applications.
If your abstract is accepted, you will need to pay the $50 submission fee and submit your electronic poster to the online ePoster submission app. Failure to do so by Oct. 7 will disqualify you from presenting.
Contact Mr. Adam Reshan at firstname.lastname@example.org